Whiterock Weyr

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whiterock Weyr

A dragon adoption game based on Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern.

Frequently Asked Questions

Kitsuneko
    Kitsuneko
    Admin

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Frequently Asked Questions

Post  Kitsuneko Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 pm

Frequently Asked Questions
    1. Do players need to be able to participate frequently/consistently in the game?
    Answer: No. By all means, post as much or as little as you want. I specifically tried to make the game so that it requires as little effort on the part of the players as possible. Your dragons will never be killed or taken back because you're no longer active. About the only time I'll need a prompt response is if you've got a gold rising.

2. How many IC years elapse between rounds? How fast do dragons mature?
    Answer: A full Cycle, Hatching--Mating--Clutching, is two IC years, which is how long it takes for the weyrlings to graduate from training and join the wings. The dragons generally reach sexual maturity around one year (for greens) to almost three years (golds), but for gaming purposes, all dragons can mate after their first Cycle.

3. What about an RP game?
    Answer: Personally, I have never been too good at RPing, so I don't think I have the experience to run one. If there is interest, though, I could set up a place on the forum for it.

4. Is there any other IC information about what Whiterock looks like, where it's located, etc.?
    Answer: Not much, because most of it's not really relevant to the game and there's not really any RPing going on, but what I have decided on is this:
    It takes place in an alternate universe version of Pern; the AIVAS machine was never discovered and thread was never stopped from falling. In fact, a freak event has affected the Red Star so that instead of falling in 250 turn Intervals, it simply falls every few days or weeks continuously, without any signs of ever stopping.
    It is built into a clifface made of some sort of white rock (hence the name), and located fairly close to the ocean. The Weyrleaders are Cerine and S'den, on Gold Oketh and Bronze Steydroth. (My bronzerider S'air is their son. Razz)

5. What's with all this stuff already closed?
    Answer: I just moved it to this forum, but the game's actually been going on for several months. It started out on a Livejournal community, but it became difficult to keep up with things due to the LJ format. Additionally, I was having several problems with the site myself, so I set up this forum for Whiterock. Hopefully, things should be easier for everyone. The past rounds and stuff are all archived on here as well. Please note, everything listed as CLOSED is just that, long since closed, so please don't reply to any of those topics.

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Advertising

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:12 am

Why can't Guests post in the advertisment board?
    Kitsuneko
    Kitsuneko
    Admin

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post  Kitsuneko Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:28 am

Sorry, I thought I fixed that. You should be able to now.

Sponsored content

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post  Sponsored content