Whiterock Weyr

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whiterock Weyr

A dragon adoption game based on Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern.

Benecio Weyr

Risa

Benecio Weyr Empty Benecio Weyr

Post  Risa Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:58 pm

[align=center]Benecio Weyr[/align]

History writes devastation for us, and we must figure out how to deal with it. Today, I attened the touching of eggs as a candidate, and I saw the ex-weyrwoman. The lady stood in front of us, she is made of stern stuff for she stood near her dead dragon. It was surprising to me that she could be made so stern, but I write what I see, as a historian must do.

There are seven eggs, and each person at the weyr seems to be hoping none are duds. It would be a fitting honor for Virith if she managed to at least produce 7 eggs that produce dragons.

I see it as my duty to tell you that I pleaded with each egg to live, and though I think others did to, I will not state that as fact.

I also state here that all seven eggs hatched. The large egg did not hatch gold but a killer Obsidian that impressed to a girl named Nasari. The rest are named in the official clutch records.

Saarah's Junoth flew and was caught by th bronze dragon Myth. The young man S'remen is now the weyrleader. A clutch will be laid soon.

Twenty-Three eggs were laid by Junoth. Three were large and they were rolled to the side. One of these eggs was golden colored, but the other two were regular colored. What will come out of this clutch? Candidates are being searched to come and impress. Again I state, What will come out fo this clutch?

-Excerts written by the Historian Killema; candidate for Virith's last clutch and for Junoth's first clutch at Benecio Weyr

AIVAS does not exist, and the dragons still fight thread. This is how it looks to always be, and why not! Dragons need this purpose, as it is proven many times over in history. Yet, it seems it is a waning threat, as the star passes once again. Thread falls less often all the time now, and clutches are becoming smaller. A time of easy breathing is on its way.
    Or is it?

In these smaller clutches though, some odd dragons have appeared. Female bronzes are just the start, what will come from this last clutch of Viriths?

Because this surely is her last clutch, the great golden queen lies dead from a thread fall tragedy.

Something happened last thread fall, the last queen made her flight as it fell.

It wasn't that the queen was ignorant to the thread fall, the thread was not meant to fall at that time. Something made the threads fall irregularly, not that that hadn't happened in the history of Pern before, but it wasn't something that was expected. Not only did it fall out of pattern, it fell in the wrong area of Pern than expected. It should have fallen closer to the south, not so far to the west.

The bronzes should have been fighting thread, but that instinct to fly the queen was stronger, and that urge took over. Thus Benecio dealt with a tragedy it was not accustomed to.

Leaving Benecio to deal with the thread that fell and destroyed most everything. At least everything around Benicio Weyr was in ruins. The browns, greens, and blues still fought, but with only the high level wing and with how erratically the threads fell, it was a dismal day for the Weyr.

The other dragons flew to fight thread, they returned thread scored and injured to the point where many of them were out of action for a while. And with only one wing, only a rough third of crops managed to be saved by the ground crew. All the burrows were found and burned out.

The queen was flown by the bronze who caught her, but when the flight was over and she came back, she was badly thread scored. It effected the clutch severely.

Many of the eggs were either too large or too small, 7 eggs in total there were, one could have passed as a gold, it surely looked like a gold, but it was not laid aside from the rest of the eggs. It was laid among them like it was any other egg. The queen herself passed days before the hatching, and her opaque body lay near the eggs of the sands, an ever silent sentinel of the last clutch she bore.

Today is the hatching, and no one knows what to expect. The Weyrwoman is devastated by the loss of her dragon, and the Weyrleader was driven to suicide, flying with his dragon between, never to return. With the death of Virith there is no queen in the Weyr. If that glimmering egg is not a Gold, the Wyer will be for the first time in it's history, queenless.

The entire Weyr is mourning the loss of their queen, and many are hopeful that the egg that seems like a potential queen, will indeed be the answers to their hopes.

But a call for a transfer has been made as well. For no weyrling could lead the Weyr from hatching.

Add in the struggle for survival as Benecio weyr has lost its only gold and oldest bronze, and you have it! This is Benecio weyr, located on the Western coast. Can it cope with the deaths they have suffered? What happens when thread falls again?

Will the transfer queen be the answer? Or will that glimmering egg that keeps everyones hopes from plummeting?

But the glimmering egg is not the answer. Instead the answer comes in the form of the transfer queen rider Saarah and her gold dragon Junoth.

Junoth flew a hard and long flight with two males flying after her. The bronze Myth caught her and his rider S'remen is now the weyrleader. On the sands rolled of to the side lies a golden egg and two eggs that are queen sized but plain in coloring.

Welcome to Benecio Weyr!

Accepting:
    Dragons-
    [*]1 Bronze
    [*]UNL Browns (1 Female Rider Per Month)
    [*]UNL Blues (1 Female Rider Per Month)
    [*]1 Pewter
    [*]UNL Greens (1 Male Rider Per Month)
    [*]1 Amethyst

[*]1 Wingseconds
    [*]Headwoman and Assistant
    [*]Any Crafters and drudges will always be welcomed

[*]CANDIDATES are not as needed, but still welcome.
    [*]There are also several weyrlings up for adoption

Fire-lizards-
    [*]UNL Browns
    [*]UNL Blues
    [*]1 Pewter
    [*]UNL Greens
    [*]1 Amethyst

Whers-
    [*]2 Bronzes
    [*]1 Copper
    [*]UNL Browns
    [*]UNL Blues